Yes, thats right. A blog post dedicated to answering all the hilarious, random and personal questions I get asked daily. I've answered all of these at some point and time throughout my IG, but I want to have them in a place where I can always direct people to, in order to read and know a bit more about me. These are in no certain order or list so...
Let's get rolling.
1) How tall are you and how much do you weigh? I'm 5'8 and have weighed 120lbs since I was 16 years old.
2) What is your diet and exercise routine like? I don't believe in the word diet or routine. I like to eat wholesome, nourishing foods and try to stay away from things in boxes, packages and cans. I have a huge sweet tooth and to curb it I'll have a square (or two) of dark chocolate, or a spoonful of peanut butter with some honey. My exercise consists of being active every day. Sometimes that looks like doing yoga for an hour, some days it's HIIT training, other times its walking my pup, and sometimes its practicing acrobatics or rock climbing. Find something that makes you happy and DO IT.
3) Are you religious? If so how do you mesh yoga and religion? I consider myself a follower of Jesus. My goal on this earth is to love and accept others the way I would want to be loved and accepted. I've never personally struggled with the notion that yoga and religion, or loving Jesus, or going to church can't be a 'thing.' To me they are completely separate entities. Yoga is not religion and religion is not yoga. Don't overthink and overanalyze it. The time spent on your mat is unique to YOU, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
4) What kind of tea do you drink? I grew up drinking english breakfast tea with a splash of milk and sugar. (recently have dropped the sugar part though). Some of my favorite brands are PG Tips, Barry's Irish Breakfast, Tetley's and Twining's English Afternoon Tea. If you're looking for a BOMB herbal tea, Bengal Spice by Celestial is where it's at. I usually drink that as a night cap.
5) What breeds are your pets and did you rescue them? My little wolf, Kali, is a husky/coyote hybrid who's about 7 years old. I rescued her two years ago. She was found in a home who was breeding dogs to fight each other. The baby cat, Kovu, is a snow mink bengal and he's almost 7 months. I purchased him from some good friends for allergy reasons. Bengals are known to be hypoallergenic, and while that doesn't mean they are 100% allergen-free, it does drastically cut back on my itchy eyes and sneezing, and allows me to fulfill my dreams of being a crazy, cat lady.
6) What color is your hair and how often do you dye it? What is your hair care like? I honestly can't say the exact color. I brought a picture into my stylist's salon from Pinterest and she nailed it. I know its a demi-perm mixture of a red and purple shades. I don't do too much to my mane. I love Aveda's Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner, or anything with Argon or Coconut oil. Also - if you have curly/unruly hair Aussie Freeze Spray is the BOMB.
7) What non-yoga apparel is your favorite? If you ever see me in regular clothing, 9/10 times it will be from Madewell, Anthropologie, or Topshop.
8) What do you use for skincare and what is your routine like? I have been using @naturaculina for about 6 months now, and my skin has never looked better. I use the anti-aging line with the Lavender Foaming face wash, rose water facial spray and rose face oil. I wash my face every morning with the wash and just use a gentle face wipe at night. I also use the Detox face mask by @naturaculina 1-2x a week.
9) When did you first start yoga? Were you a gymnast or dancer before? I started yoga 3 years ago. I began by using the app YogaStudio and my (now best friend) @jessicaolie's ebook @letsstartyoga. They are both great resources if you can't get to a studio and want to start a home practice. Before yoga I had no background of flexibility and was a competitive swimmer for 10 years. Since then I've acquired my 200 hour YTT, a standing acrobatics certification and released two ebooks to help strengthen your core, also known as @ab_asanas.
10) What is your job now? Did you get a college degree? Currently I work as a yoga instructor and social media influencer. Largely teaching private lessons and workshops, along with collaborating and working with different brands on IG. When I started my Instagram I had 200 followers and had no intentions of it ever turning into a business. I really wanted to join the different yoga challenges, learn from the community and post my progress pictures. Before any of this came about I got my degree in Vascular Sonography where I worked in a hospital for a few years after graduating. I also was a barista for about 6 years and worked at Starbucks once I started to seriously pursue yoga and connecting with other humans.
If you're still reading this, cheers to you all for tagging along on my little journey and thank you so much for caring about my story. Ya'll are the real MVP.
Until next time,